Gangbuk District to Prevent Solitary Death Through Installation of ‘Smart Plugs’
SEOUL, Feb. 17 (Korea Bizwire) — Gangbuk District Office in Seoul said Wednesday that it will check the safety of the single-person households at risk of solitary death by installing ‘smart plugs’ that make use of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
Officials at the district’s community service centers will visit households and install the devices after garnering consent.
If the smart plug is inserted into an electric outlet, it can measure the change in energy consumption of electronic appliances in use and sense the change in lighting in a room.
When there is no change in energy consumption and lighting for more than a specific period of time, a warning signal is sent to the district office’s welfare officials.
Image Credit: Gangbuk District Office / Gimhae City Office / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Six Best Ideas for your Shower Room
- Industrial Style Bathrooms Ideas
- La différence entre la céramique et la porcelaine
- Six Most Comfy Chairs You Need at Home
- Top 6 Gadgets to Make You Happier
- 10 genuinely useful things you can do with a smart plug
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected review: A remarkable robot vacuum
- Apple says sideloading would "cripple" iPhone privacy and security