This £8 TP-Link smart plug is ideal for Xmas tree lights, and works with Alexa or Google
You know what's become a surprisingly essential part of my Christmas setup? A smart plug powering my Christmas tree lights. Maybe it shouldn't be surprising, because so many tree lights can only be quickly powered on and off by disconnecting them at the socket, and that's pretty annoying.
That's why I have one of the best smart plugs that lives with my decorations, to make life easier. I can use a smart speaker or my phone to turn the tree lights on or off in an instant. And if you want to save this irritation too, I recommend this TP-Link Tapo P100 smart plug deal, which gets you a great unit for under £8.
TP-Link Tapo P100 Smart Plug: was £7.99, now £12.99 at AmazonThis small and cheap smart plug is still packed with features – you get compatibility with both Alexa and Google Assistant, or control it directly with its app. If have multiple Tapo devices, you can control all of them from there. You can set a schedule and timers instead of turning it on and off if you prefer.
- Six Best Ideas for your Shower Room
- Industrial Style Bathrooms Ideas
- La différence entre la céramique et la porcelaine
- Six Most Comfy Chairs You Need at Home
- Top 6 Gadgets to Make You Happier
- 10 genuinely useful things you can do with a smart plug
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected review: A remarkable robot vacuum
- Apple says sideloading would "cripple" iPhone privacy and security