[Update: Fixed] Google Nest outage taking some Cams, Secure/Guards, and Thermostats offline Guides
Owners of various Google Nest products this evening are reporting sporadic outages with their smart home devices. While not all users are impacted, a wide range of devices are going offline.
Update: The issue was fixed at 8:17 p.m.
The Nest Secure system appears to be the most consistent device impacted by this evening’s outage. Multiple people across the US (coast-to-coast) are reporting that the Nest Guard went offline at around 6 p.m. PT with the cellular connectivity not having any impact.
Meanwhile, some Nest Cams are down. According to anecdotal reports, the new Nest Cam products introduced this year are down, but the older models might be fine.
There are more than a few reports of the Nest Thermostat not working. The apps says they are online, but actual control is not available.
Google “identified” the issue at around 7:23 p.m. and says it’s “currently working on a fix.” Affected services having a “partial outage” include: Setup & Pairing, Nest Apps, and Nest Thermostat.
More on Google Nest:
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Check out 9to5Google on YouTube for more news:
- Six Best Ideas for your Shower Room
- Industrial Style Bathrooms Ideas
- La différence entre la céramique et la porcelaine
- Six Most Comfy Chairs You Need at Home
- Top 6 Gadgets to Make You Happier
- 10 genuinely useful things you can do with a smart plug
- Apple says sideloading would "cripple" iPhone privacy and security
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected review: A remarkable robot vacuum