How to prevent water pipes from freezing, and how to thaw them if they do freeze
The following information is from the American Red Cross:
Water has a unique property in that it expands as it freezes. This expansion puts tremendous pressure on whatever is containing it, including metal or plastic pipes. No matter the strength of a container, expanding water can cause pipes to break.
Pipes that freeze most frequently are:
RELATED:ONE-STOP-SHOP: Everything you need to know about wintry weather in WAFB viewing area
Before the onset of cold weather, protect your pipes from freezing by following these recommendations:
Download the WAFB First Alert Weather App
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2021 WAFB. All rights reserved.
- Six Best Ideas for your Shower Room
- Industrial Style Bathrooms Ideas
- La différence entre la céramique et la porcelaine
- Six Most Comfy Chairs You Need at Home
- Top 6 Gadgets to Make You Happier
- 10 genuinely useful things you can do with a smart plug
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected review: A remarkable robot vacuum
- Apple says sideloading would "cripple" iPhone privacy and security