Make the right call in non-emergency situations
Hamilton Paramedic Services is here to help. Hamilton Paramedic Service response times are getting longer due to an increase in call volumes and pressures on the hospital system.
Residents are encouraged to call an ambulance only in an emergency, and to seek other health care services for less urgent needs.
If it is a life-threatening emergency don’t hesitate. Dial 9-1-1 and Hamilton Paramedic Service will be there.If it is not an emergency – 9-1-1 is not the answer. Make the right call.
Timing is critical in a medical emergency and calling 9-1-1 for life threatening emergencies will ensure paramedics will be available when you need them most.
Life threatening emergency care
If you experience a life threating emergency such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, or signs of a stroke call 9-1-1 immediately. Residents are also reminded to call an ambulance for other medical emergencies such as:
Non-emergency health care options
There are many health care options available to you if your health situation is not an emergency. Before calling for an ambulance for minor injuries, residents are asked to consider their medical needs and their options for quicker more appropriate care such as:
- Six Best Ideas for your Shower Room
- Industrial Style Bathrooms Ideas
- La différence entre la céramique et la porcelaine
- Six Most Comfy Chairs You Need at Home
- Top 6 Gadgets to Make You Happier
- 10 genuinely useful things you can do with a smart plug
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected review: A remarkable robot vacuum
- Apple says sideloading would "cripple" iPhone privacy and security