Is Your Robotic Vacuum Sharing Data About You?
For data security, we assess whether a robotic vacuum incorporates security measures such as encryption. We also look for, among other features, two-factor authentication, automatic software updates, and email notifications when a user logs in from a new device or IP address.
For data privacy, we examine privacy setting options and publicly available documents, such as privacy policies and terms of service, to see how manufacturers collect and use your data, including whether they disclose how they collect it and whom they share it with. Our experts use The Digital Standard, an open-source set of criteria that CR created with other organizations, for evaluating digital products and services. We score robotic vacuums on more than 70 indicators.
Below is a closer look at our findings, as well as the details on robotic vacuums from our tests that score well for keeping your data secure and private, and how they vacuum. CR members can see the results of all the robotic vacuums we test in our robotic vacuum ratings.
- Six Best Ideas for your Shower Room
- Industrial Style Bathrooms Ideas
- La différence entre la céramique et la porcelaine
- Six Most Comfy Chairs You Need at Home
- Top 6 Gadgets to Make You Happier
- 10 genuinely useful things you can do with a smart plug
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected review: A remarkable robot vacuum
- Wenn Sie ein begeisterter Fischer sind