Restaurant review: Food of the strong and brave at Kozak Ukrainian eatery
Where:1 West Cordova St., Vancouver.
When:Lunch, Friday to Sunday, dinner, Wednesday to Sunday.
Where: 5077 Victoria Dr., Vancouver, and 444 Sixth St., New Westminster.
When:Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Info: 778-955-9135. kozakeatery.ca
Kozak, in Ukrainian, means warrior. Historically, they were the Ukrainian samurai and medieval knight. Brave. Fierce. And, apparently, serious foodies.
“If you know the history of the Cossacks, you won’t be surprised to find that Ukrainians, who seem quiet and humble at first sight, can … become courageous warriors,” says an article titled ‘Why Are Cossacks Key to Understanding the Ukrainian Nation?’ in ukraineworld.org.
After witnessing the bravery of Ukrainians in recent weeks, it’s obvious why Irina Karpenko named her three restaurant/bakeries Kozak Eatery and Bakery.
- Six Best Ideas for your Shower Room
- Industrial Style Bathrooms Ideas
- La différence entre la céramique et la porcelaine
- Six Most Comfy Chairs You Need at Home
- Top 6 Gadgets to Make You Happier
- 10 genuinely useful things you can do with a smart plug
- Apple says sideloading would "cripple" iPhone privacy and security
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected review: A remarkable robot vacuum